Heat or Cool Any Room Quickly & Efficiently with Ductless Mini-Splits
Ductless mini-splits are an elegant solution to the most common heating and cooling dilemmas. These versatile and efficient systems excel in temperature-challenged spaces. They give you the freedom to add extra heating and air conditioning to a converted garage, remodeled attic, sunroom, or addition without modifying your existing HVAC system. For added comfort, ductless AC compressors also support zoning.
Ductless Mini-Split Installation in Charlotte, NC
A ductless mini-split system consists of an outdoor compressor and an indoor unit that contains an air handler and a refrigerant coil. A conduit that passes through a secure three-inch opening in an exterior wall links the two components. There’s no ductwork to install, so we can complete the installation quickly without performing invasive construction. This makes mini-splits ideal for existing buildings or new homes.
Ductless mini-splits maintain a comfortable indoor environment with minimal effort. Trane’s ductless air conditioners have seasonal energy efficiency ratios (SEER ratings) between 16 and 22. Air conditioners on the upper end of this rating system are 60 percent more efficient when compared to systems installed before 2006. Top-of-the-line ductless models that use variable refrigerant flow technology are even more efficient. Ductless heat pumps deliver impressive energy savings during the winter, too.
Benefits of Mini-Split AC Systems
For decades, mini-split AC systems have been used internationally, especially in Europe and Asia. Now, they’re claiming a growing market share in the United States. In the Charlotte area, heat pumps are ideal for the climate. Ductless equipment is a great fit for our customers, especially when ducted HVAC systems aren’t practical. Here are a few benefits of this versatile technology.
- With ductless AC systems, you can supplement your home’s heating and cooling capacity without replacing your existing central HVAC system.
- Trane’s ductless air handlers come in multiple styles and configurations to fit your needs and to complement your home’s interior aesthetic.
- A single outdoor compressor can support up to seven indoor air handlers so that you can heat and cool one room or your entire home or condo.
- In multi-family dwellings and commercial buildings, we can install multiple compressors that will power a network of indoor heating and cooling zones.
- Zoned systems feature several independently controlled air handlers that heat and cool specific areas. This technology gives you the freedom to adjust the temperature and fan speed for your comfort.
Ductless HVAC Experts in the Greater Charlotte Area
Horne Heating and Air Conditioning Inc. is a Trane Comfort Specialist with 36 years of experience installing innovative HVAC products. We stand behind our work by offering a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee and a lifetime warranty on our craftsmanship.
If you want to save money or boost comfort, we’ll assess your home and determine if a ductless mini-split system will meet your needs and benefit your family. Contact us today to request a free estimate for your Charlotte, Huntersville, Mint Hill or Matthews, North Carolina, home.